Zelpha Comics and Collectibles and YouTube’s The Homemade Game Guru are proud to announce the launch of the world’s first customizable cardboard handmade articulated magnetic action figurine collectible! These fine hand-cut toys are individually sculpted out of heavy-gauge double-corrugated cardboard and assembled using magnetic sheets and bamboo picks to create moveable figurines ready for action! Each comes numbered (based on the quantity ordered) and signed by artist Luanga Nuwame! This collectible can be of you, your friends, your family, or based on your created characters!
This concept is based on the original ‘Ultimate Articulated Cardboard Action Cut-Outs’ series introduced in September 2020 as a successful and highly praised Kickstarter Campaign based on 16 independent comic book heroes like Mr. Monster, Usagi Yojimbo, Auric, Zen the Intergalactic Ninja, and Nira-X. The concept received rave reviews on Inhabitat Magazine’s website and on Forevergeek.com.
Ultimately, this is a handmade LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIBLE meant to be cherished and enjoyed.
NOTE - these figurines are not meant for children under the age of 7!!
THE PRODUCT'S SPECIFICS:
Each order comes with one 8 to 9-inch tall, 3-layer deep posable action figurine hand-cut out of premium Canadian industrial-grade double-corrugated cardboard. The figurine also comes with a 7-layer deep handmade cardboard display box with a removable glass window, plus a wood display easel!
The action figurine will be based on a hi-res photo supplied by the customer. Nuwame will render the photo to allow the joints to move (elbows, shoulders, hips, and knees only).
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- 2 Photos: 1 full-body photo of the subject to be made into the figurine. The photo should be 300dpi and saved as a PDF, PSD, JPEG, or TIFF. The subject must have the arms and hands away from the torso (the head down to the hips uncovered) and the legs cannot be crossing each other. To make the limbs move, the elbows, shoulders, and knees must not be obstructed. And don’t worry about backgrounds – they will be edited out.
- The second image can be just the head/face photo to be placed on the front and back of the display box.
- Border Color:
You can also choose the box's front border color that surrounds the figurine.
- Name on the Box:
All buyers of this product will have the product title ‘Ultimate Articulated Cardboard…” printed on the front right of the box. The name of the person featured can be added under the title. In the field above, please type the name/nickname/title you want to be featured under the product title. Please note that the font and color of the title and added name will not change or be customized. This is our distinctive design and color scheme.
The Production Process:
- Using the ‘Upload Image’ fields above, provide the images you would like used to make the figurine and box. You can also choose the box border color and add the featured person’s name. Complete the purchase by choosing how many figurines you would like made. NOTE: the price drops to $65 for 2 or more figurines.
- We will look over the submitted images and email you back with comments and the plan to articulate the character. If the submitted image is of low quality, or if the person featured is in a position that makes articulation difficult, you will be contacted to submit another picture.
- Once we approve the pictures and you agree to the planned articulation points of the person featured in the picture, work immediately begins to separate the background and each section of the toy. At this point, revisions cannot be requested and the buyer agrees to accept the completed figurine as is!
- As a courtesy, an image of the completed action figurine will be sent to the buyer as the box is being created. The figurine CANNOT be changed at this point and is being shared so you can see the progress.
- Once the box is completed, an image of the entire display will be provided before mailing the product. Tracking will be provided once sent.
Production Turnaround Time:
The finished action figurine with box and display easel will be completed within 5 days and sent with tracked shipping. Depending on order volume, a maximum of 7 days is possible for production. We will not accept more than 30 orders for 2020 to ensure we can ship out all orders for delivery before Christmas!
Additional Points to Know:
Your images are saved on a computer not connected to the internet and once the order is shipped, the images will be deleted within 7 days of the delivery confirmation. Everything is made in-house and your images are NOT shared with any third-parties.
A single order, consisting of multiple copies, will be based on one singular articulated photo design. A second photo submitted, above and beyond an already submitted and approved photo for production, is considered a new separate order.
Returns and Refunds Policy:
Due to the customized nature of this product, we will not accept returns nor provide refunds once work begins on a figurine. This product is sold as-is and is a personal product we will not restock nor resell. In the event, the product arrives damaged while in the mail system, please contact us within 7 days of receipt and provide a picture of the damage. We will assess the damage and possibly provide a replacement if warranted.
If for any reason we cannot complete the figurine for delivery before Christmas 2020, we will provide a 100% refund and discard all provided images. If you order a figurine in December and receive an email stating it will be delivered after Christmas 2020, and you agree, then a refund will not be provided.
This product is a ‘toy’ but is also a delicate collectible that should be handled with care. If you or someone you give the product to breaks or damages the figurine, a refund will not be issued. If the figurine is damaged during use, you can contact us with a picture and we can possibly provide a replacement part free of charge. This decision will be made on a case-by-case basis!
These figurines are not meant to be played with by children under the age of 7. They have moveable short bamboo pick connectors that are a choking hazard for babies and small children.
The figurine with the box can be completed and ready for shipment within 5 days.