Welcome to the Homemade Game Guru's new series of posters dedicated to Black History icons and legends!
The 'Enlightened Precipice' Series consists of handmade/hand-cut multiple-level cardboard posters featuring the legendary icons who made indelible contributions to both Canadian and American society. These limited edition wall posters will act as a daily reminder of what hard work, perseverance, and valor look like.
This poster showcases Mary Ann Shadd - the first Black woman in North America to be a newspaper publisher. She was also a teacher and respected businesswoman.
- Each poster in the Enlightened Precipice (Canada) Series displays a 3D photo of the featured icon, a short description of their best-known contributions to society/art/business, a wood-textured Canadian flag border, and a gold-textured name-plate.
- The images are hand-cut out of 275 lbs. double-corrugated industrial cardboard (the stuff used to transport heavy appliances like refrigerators and stoves) by Luanga Nuwame. The multiple layers of the images are then carefully glued together, weight-pressed and then painted using Glow Inc.'s powerful Strontium Aluminate paints. 100% natural raw earth material paints.
- As an innovative first-ever design for educational posters, each piece comes with a magnetic removable West African Adinkra symbol disk that the consumer can place on any metal surface. Adinkra symbols originated in Ghana, and they represent objects that encapsulate evocative messages that convey traditional wisdom, aspects of life, or the environment and are also associated with proverbs. In essence, you can take the heroic spirit of the featured icon, through the Adinkra disk, anywhere!
- The poster comes complete with a mounted thick string on the back for hanging.
- If you would like a name dedication added to the back of the poster, just ask. It will be added for free! Posters will be shipped with extensive bubble wrap.
Please allow up to 5 days for the 3D poster to be completed before we send it through the post. Like all cardboard products on this website, purchases are created by hand when ordered using available raw materials. You will receive an email with a tracking number upon mailing the product. All purchases commence in the exact order they are received.
Size and Weight:
Combined Packaged Size: 16" x 11" x 1.5"
Weight: 0.400 kg (0.88 lbs.)